Monday, August 7, 2017

Love...Community and Real Estate...

(Quote) “When we live our lives in isolation what we have is unavailable and what we lack is Unprocurable.”

 

Normally I write about Real Estate related topics and you will hear some real estate talk at the end however; today I feel like sharing a personal experience I went through recently that has reminded me of what my goals are, what is important to me, why I do what it is I do that will eventually lead me to my purpose in life. Something we are all searching for in our lives.

I have always been an introvert by nature. I enjoy spending time alone to a point that I would isolate myself from my friends and family. All that changed last year when my niece” Taylor Mary Tibbles” asked me to take care of her while she battled with Cystic Fibrosis. Cystic Fibrosis is a terminal illness that attacks the lungs and immune system. UCSD has a great lung transplant and CF team. The goal was to get her a lung transplant and save her life.

For 4 months, her and I both spent that time fighting for her life. She lost her fight and passed away on 9/11/2016. That experienced changed my life. From the way I feel about myself, how I perceive the world and others and how I want to show up in all aspects in my life.

 She allowed me to give her all the love and support I had inside of me that I was unable to share with anyone else, something I never really knew I had the capability of doing.  And She taught me what unconditional love really was.

  I remember one day as I was helping her into the bath tub. She was sitting on the toilet seat trying to catch her breath. I could see that her health was declining further. I looked at her and I said, “I am so sorry Taylor” I feel so powerless. She looked in my eyes and said no matter what happens Aunt Cari “You saved me’. In the end though we were there for each other, what I know and what I am real clear on is that my precious girl was the one who saved me.

Taylor has inspired me in many ways.  One of my long- term goals is to open a non-medical home care business for people just like Taylor Mary and the elderly because nothing, absolutely nothing feels better than getting out of your own head and your own way and being there for someone else.

No matter who we are, how old we are, what our circumstances maybe we all have special and unique stories and qualities that others can benefit from. You never know what your experiences, strength and courage can do for another.  For the time being I am a Real Estate Professional and I will be using real estate to fund my non- medical home care business.  My goal is to be open and there for people that really need some compassion and empathy which sometimes can be hard to come by in the real estate industry.


I have chosen to work with families who have loved ones with special needs such as the elderly who need to sell their home to move into an assisted living community or a long- term care facility to get the care they need.   I understand this is a stressful and emotional experience for the family and the individual moving so I want to offer the following services to help you through the process: 

1.       We will sell the home to free up money for the down payment
2.       Plan and hold an estate sale
3.       Cleaning services
4.       Packing up remaining items
5.       Help with the transition.

If You are a friend or family member responsible for a loved one that could benefit from my services please call today to set up a free consultation.
I look forward to hearing from you.

All my very best
Cari Ann Drolet
Pacific Sotheby’s International Realty
5825 Avenida Encinas, Suite 101
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: 858-444-5586
Facebook: Cari Ann Drolet- Real Estate

Call Today for a free consultation and receive a complimentary gift basket from Carlsbad Gourmet!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment